365 days we’ve been Mr. and Mrs, 365 times more my love has grown for Todd since we said “I Do”.
It’s been almost 365 days since this picture was taken and as each day has passed they've grown in wonderfulness! We’re headed to Hilton Head for a relaxing weekend together and in honor of our big day! I’ll try not to be too mushy but it’s really hard not to when talking about living life with your best friend- this wonderful guy!
I’ve loved every minute of walking by Todd’s side and couldn’t imagine life without him. Our love has grown wider, deeper and stronger and I know it will continue to as we enjoy and seek out life together. Sure we’ve had tears, disagreements and moments of “what the heck” but I wouldn’t trade them for anything. The speed bumps pale in comparison to the unbelievable joy God has given us in the gift of marriage.
Our first year of marriage has been full of adventure, exciting happenings, “good gravys” and overall sweet bliss. Warning this might be long but I want to remember it all.
To Todd, this year we:
Bought, renovated and moved into our first house. During the renovation there may have been some, “I’m painting for 1 more week and then you are calling the professionals” type conversations that happened and time spent living out of suitcases and friends’ homes, BUT- this is our home and I’m so thankful to be building it with you.
We planted a garden together and watched our plants grow (some die) and picked our first little veggies (squash, zuchinni and peppers). I love seeing you get so much joy from watching the garden grow and taking care of all the “lil guys”.
We traveled to Kentucky, took in a horse race or two, the bourbon trail, good ole’ Auburn football game (and even braved the wonders of small town hotels :)). I love traveling with you! You were a trouper this year and made lots of trips to Florida to spend time with family and pick up any possible furniture that someone wanted to graciously give us- Thanks mom and dad! Our fall was spent primarily in Auburn watching our beloved Tigers play at Jordan-Hare and then in January we had the trip of the year to Arizona. The game was great, being with our friends was even better! Auburn won the Nat’l Championship and we were on cloud nine.
Budget. Oh the budget. Tears (me), growth, your patience. Enough said.
I learned learning to watch the NBA and the Braves, you’ve learned learning to watch Law and Order and tolerate The Bachelor.
We’ve grown in finding communities in this big metropolis and what life looks like for us. We’ve hosted gatherings and spent time with our families and growing them as one.
Gosh I love you and can’t wait to see what God’s has in store for us! Happy One Year to us!



No comments:
Post a Comment