Meet Mom….aka- Devany, Dev, Dev-o, Mothership, Madre- she has many names that are full of affection and love! She’s brilliant, beautiful, special, amazing, selfless, courageous, trusting, faithful, role model, encourager, Christ abider and gracious giver. She’s also my Mom and I couldn’t be more honored or blessed.
I couldn’t imagine life without her guidance, love and support. She loves when it’s hard to love, she’s by your side at a moment’s notice and she is by far the most selfless and giving woman I have ever met. You know how there are those people in life who each time you see, greet, talk or sit with you leave feeling refreshed, encouraged and better because of them? That’s my Mom. Each conversation we have and visit we make to see each other I leave with feeling blessed beyond words to call her Mom. God could have given me anyone but He chose her for my sister and me. He’s good I tell you, real good.
This weekend we will celebrate our Moms but I hope they know that we celebrate them each day and are thankful and humbled that God handpicked them for us. I can only pray and hope that one day when I become a Mom I can be half the Mom that she has been to me. Role models are so important in shaping our views and she has provided me with an amazing example of what it means to be a Godly mother.
Mom- I love you, respect you and am thankful for you more than you know. MUAH!
PS- get your party hat ready cause tomorrow we are celebrating you & Cindy with a big shindig!

No comments:
Post a Comment