Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes.....

I won't even begin to pretend to apologize for my lack of blogging.  My consistant, every six months, let-me-whip-out-my-one-cell-of-creative writing, post is finally written. 

In 6 months a lot can happen, take Todd and I for example.  In six months we have:

Gone to Europe for 3 weeks, visited family in Florida 3 times, been to 3 weddings in the glorious state of Alabama, I started a new job- in a totally new field, thanked the good Lord my new commute (a whoping 15 minutes with no traffic :) ), oh and we're ADDING TO THE FAMILY!

Todd and I feel so blessed and are beyond excited to see where this new journey takes us!  Lil' McMuffin is due March 7th and we can't wait to meet him/her.  I'm finally feeling like I can do more than eat be nauseous, sleep and go to work each day.  Telling all of our friends and family has been pure joy and we are so thankful for the prayers and excitement that already surround Lil' McMuffin. 

In my new job as a teacher, of wonderful and very excited middle schoolers, pregnancy has been even more joy filled and hilarious as each moment passes.  The kids finally figured out that I am pregnant and to hear them talk and whisper makes you want to fall on the floor with laughter.  They were too shy to ask me directly so they went to my other 4 teammates and asked each of them.  Their reply, of course scripted, went something like this:

Student: "Is Mrs. McKnight going to have a baby?"

Teammate/Teacher: "Is Mrs. McKnight going to have a baby?  Why would you think that?"

Student: "I think I saw her belly."

Teammate: "She showed you her belly?  I sure hope not.  If you mean her belly looks bigger I think she maybe ate too many doughnuts."

Student (wide-eyed): "She must be eating a lot of doughnuts.  No offense Mrs. ****** but Mrs. McKnight really should lay off the doughnuts or she might be in trouble."

Nothing like an awkward middle school conversation to get you laughing.  I told my classes that I had heard a rumor going around that I look like I eat too many doughnuts, but that I needed to inform them that I hadn't visited a Krispy Kreme since maybe last February and I don't eat enough candy to have a stomach poking out as much as mine does now.  When I told them I was expecting they were beyond cute.  The cheered, hugged and I even had a few girls cry.  They may be a handful but they are still really cute and innocent during times like these. 

Of course their minds jumped straight back to themselves in about 5 minutes with questions such as, "If you are out with the baby do we have to do book work for 6 weeks?" and "If you are out during the spring does that mean we can't dissect frogs?"  Oh the important things in life- like dissecting frogs.
 Ribbet....Ribbet.......Ribbet

No comments:

Post a Comment