"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."
Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."
Psalm 5:11
Last night I came home to not the most pleasant of surprises. As I pulled in our driveway I noticed a light on in the house that shouldn't be. I had a feeling something might not be right. As I pulled further into the driveway there was a distinct difference; a window was open- we don't leave random windows open.
The next hour was a blur as I watched a teenage boy jump out of my master bedroom by bashing out the window. Was it alarming, yes. Was I scared, yes. Did I freak, not exactly (surprisingly). Was I thankful, absolutely.
My biggest fear has always been to walk in on someone burglarizing my house. My biggest fear has happened but I am safe and surprisingly thankful.
Thankful that the Lord kept me at work for an extra 20 minutes so that I didn't walk up on the "pain in the butt" kid bashing out our windows. Thankful that he robbed our house and not our elderly neighbors'. Thankful I had legs to run for help. Thankful for our sweet neighbors who gave us plywood to board our windows, helped search the neighborhood and offered to help in any way they could. Thankful for police officers who arrived quickly. Thankful for a sense of peace that could only come from the Lord. Thankful that I had taken my computer to work for the day which held all of my school work. Thankful that he didn't take anything that was sentimental and irreplaceable.
Yes, "the kid" took things that weren't his, but they are things, they can be replaced. This was not ideal to say the least but we are safe. God protects and his hand always guides.
No comments:
Post a Comment