Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!


I know I haven’t updated this little thing in over a month but life has been full to the brim to say the least.  We’ve been busy here, there and everywhere.  Before this weekend kicks off here is my list of Thankfulness!  Yes it’s long, yes I have a lot to be thankful for and yes I’m realizing that I don’t say thank you nearly enough.  There are some sweet ones, funny ones, ridiculous ones- but I’m thankful for all of them!  This is just the beginning; I could fill up a swimming pool with thankfulness.
  •  By and large #1- thank you Lord for giving us the grace to make it through each day.  Without you we’d be nothing.  Thank you that You alone are the reason we have so much to be thankful for.  From you, through you and to you be all glory, honor and praise!
  • Thank you Todd- I don’t even know where to start. 
    • Thank you for being the most supportive husband in the world.
    • Thank you for loving me despite the fact that our house hasn’t been cleaned in two weeks because of all my crazy school work. 
    • Thanks for letting me move furniture in the middle of the night because I need “to see how it looks, then sleep on it"
    • Thank you for loving me despite the fact that your khaki pants have not been ironed since late September.
    • Thank you in advance for being willing to put up all 5,000,000,000 Christmas decorations and holding up hundreds of trees till I find the perfect one
    • Thank you for putting me through school to do what I love
    • Thank you for working so hard to provide for our family
    • Thank you for knowing and loving me more than anyone!
  • Thank you Mom, Dad and Lo
    • For being the most amazing family and support system…umm no words to describe it
    • Parental Unit- thank you for being there for us whenever we have/do need you!
    • Dad- thank you for putting up with me and my ridiculousness.  Thanks for being the BOMB!
    • Mom- thank you for having patience with me and teaching me more about a calm and gentle spirit than anyone else.
    • Lo- thanks for letting me be your sister- biggest honor.  Oh, thanks in advance for letting me rush your bed in 1 month on Christmas morning = 6am this smiling face will be greeting you
  • Thank you to the McKnights for loving me as their own!  I love being a part of your family. I mean who else would come and get me at 3am because I hear “scary noises"
  • Thank you DeKalb county for not telling the state of Florida that I basically hit a parked car.  It is because of you that our insurance just went down $160 with my “clean” record
  • Thank you Auburn football for making my husband a happy man on his birthday by beating UGA
  • Thank you Erin for your hilariousness, weekly phone dates and for moving to a really fun city so I can visit you and explore the world of Chicago!
  • Thank you PwC (can’t believe I’m saying this) for letting Todd stay in a bazillion Westin’s this year.  Because of you we can travel for free for the next 2 years. 
  • Thank you to Susan who helped us by our first home that we love and are making our own.
  • Thank you to all our amazing and wonderful friends who made our wedding the best day ever!  We are humbled and blessed by y’all!
  • Thank you Cole for letting me be your Aunt.  Thank you for choosing me to be the subject of all of your spit up, sneezing and drooling affection. 
  • Thank you Publix- where shopping truly is a pleasure.
  • Thank you Tampa family for being the most amazing cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents ever!  Goodness we're blessed and goodness I love you to pieces!
  • Thank you Thanksgiving for allowing me 2 days to eat, sleep, relax, enjoy and share this wonderful thing called time with those I love.  

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you have a blog! I've had one for a while, but I'm bad about posting. Hopefully I'll be better in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete